As a Finance Manager, you shall assist the Chief Financial Officer to direct the finance strategies and accounting activities of the company to ensure sound financial management and timely reporting to the various shareholders in the required formats. Furthermore, you will be involved in managing the day-to-day business within finance and accounting area and ensure compliance with Senegalese laws, tax regulation and other applicable rules.
Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent degree is preferable with Min 5+ Years of Industry Experience
- Have good working knowledge in Accounting, Auditing, Company Law and Tax.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data
- Expert knowledge of Management Accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Excel Application.
- Working knowledge of commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills; to interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Preferably experience in the ports / logistic / shipping industry
Statutory Reporting as per Local GAP and IFRS Reporting:
- Preparing Financials under Local Gap and IFRS Pack
- Liaise with Statutory and Internal Auditors
Management Reporting and Business Analysis:-
- Perform analytical review of Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Prepare and analyse Profit and Loss statement by Business Segment
- Prepare Business models to assist in Business and financial decisions
- Prepare Financial presentations for Board meetings and Regional performance calls
- Review of Quarterly Financials of Associate Company
- Group Reporting
Work closely with internal finance team and regional office for timely completion of monthly financials
- To ensure timely and accurate update of financials in the Group Reporting System
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly rolling financial forecast (ROFO)
- Coordinate and prepare Annual Budget
- Ensure compliance with Senegalese Accounting Standards
Business Partnering: -
- Perform Cost Analysis and share cost data with cost owners
- Drive Take cost out initiatives along with Cost owners
- Drive improvement in control environment within organisation.
- Drive process improvement within Finance and other departments